This is the beautifully easy recipe used for the Scouts Big Weekend festival in May 2015. I had many requests for this recipe throughout the weekend so I hope this will be some use to you!
A massive thanks to the Nottinghamshire Scouting groups for asking me to attend.
250g Plain White Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
50g Unsalted Butter – melted
350ml Boiling Water
Oil for frying – I prefer Crisp n Dry
100g Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
75g Double Cream
1tbsp Golden Syrup
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and boiling water and stir vigorously to combine
- Leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Spoon the dough into a large piping bag fitted with a star nozzle
- Heat the oil to 160c then pipe the dough mixture straight into the pan.
- Fry Churros for around 90 seconds each, until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on some kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar and place into a serving bowl.
- Place the Double Cream and Golden Syrup into a pan and heat until boiling
- Pour over the chocolate and gently stir to combine and melt